- To promote the highest standards of ethics in teaching and reading Tarot.
- To offer mentoring of a high standard.
- To promote Tarot as a force for good and development in a person’s life.
- To provide a network of fellow Tarot readers and enthusiasts for mutual support, discussion and experience.
- To provide information and inspiration via a website and regular e-magazine.
Members of TABI are expected to adhere to the following Code of Ethics.
- Readings are in confidence between the client, the reader and TABI.
- Readings aim to help the client to take charge of their own life.
- Clients will be treated equally and with respect.
- Readers will be open-minded, honest and non-judgmental.
- If appropriate, readers will suggest that clients consult a qualified professional. (e.g. health or legal professional.)
- When a fee is due, the amount will be agreed prior to the reading.
- If at any time a reader feels unable to complete a reading, they will withdraw tactfully.
- Readings will not knowingly be given to clients aged under 18 years without permission from their parent or guardian.
- Readings cannot be given about anyone other than the client, and questions relating to others (e.g. third parties, such as partners, family members, colleagues, etc.) will be re-phrased or declined.